Upon completion of part 2 (DEBATE) of this resource, you will
- expand your knowledge of using language for content learning;
- better understand how to argue for and against a given motion;
- broaden your thematic vocabulary, and
- improve your productive English skills.
You will also have an opportunity to develop your
- critical thinking skills;
- effective reasoning skills; and
- understanding of the 4 C’s of CLIL: content, communication, cognition and culture.
Most suitable for language level B2
The time for the completion of this resource depends on how intensively you work, and how deep you want to go. The language you need is rather cognitively demanding, and the content takes some serious thinking as well as deliberate practice. Still, with the help of your teacher and your peers participating in the project together with you, you should do well anyway.